Our goal is to provide each and every camper with the best growth and development experience through a week of tennis and activities on our beautiful campus. Our world-class staff is committed to serving, teaching, and mentoring all campers and providing an unforgettable experience where relationships of a lifetime are built at the organization, the nationally respected Baylor Men's and Women's coaches will be assisted by carefully selected, energetic counselors and coaches from numerous backgrounds and who have played or taught at the highest level. They will provide supervision and guidance during all camp activities.
We truly have a full developmental system at Sic 'Em Tennis Camps. We will develop your child's tennis skills and enjoyment through quality coaching with the newest methods of instruction and, most importantly, making it fun. We hope tennis is a sport that will improve their coordination and athletic skills, give them a lifetime of healthy activity, build self-esteem and confidence, and teach them life skill lessons from individual competition.
- Session 1 11th-15th June
- Session 2 18th-22th June
Camp Fees and Discounts
- Day Camper: $650 per session
- Overnight Camper $895 per session
- Camp refunds are available up to the NON-REFUNDABLE deposit before camp starting. Your balance (minus the deposit) may be refunded before camp begins. In cases of injury, injured athletes must show documentation from their doctor of their injury (injured athletes will be refunded a full amount minus the deposit for each camp). NO REFUND will be given for cancellations made less than one week prior to the beginning of camp unless we receive a note from a doctor. If a need arises to transfer sessions please contact us. We will try to work it out as long as space is available in the new session. If the switch is made within the two-week period before the original session, other charges could occur. Note: NCAA rules require university camps to adhere to the stated refund policy. Exceptions aren't allowed and would trigger a compliance violation on both the school and the camper.
Participants who DO NOT attend their registered session (no-shows for any reason) or who do not contact Baylor to cancel at least 24 hours prior to camp check-in will not receive a refund. If a camper has to leave campus due to Covid, an illness, or an emergency, the refund returned will be prorated minus the deposit, housing, and food. Once camp has begun, Baylor Tennis Camp is responsible for all fees associated with housing and meals.
If Baylor cancels due to COVID-related facility closures, government mandates, or other circumstances, you will automatically be issued a refund.
These policies are in place to account for camp fees associated with each registration that is made in advance of the program. Camper waives any and all damages that may otherwise arise out of any camp cancellation and agrees to accept as liquidated damages said registration fees.
- If a positive test is confirmed within a summer camp, the Camp Director must disclose a positive case to all camp counselors and participants (without identifying the individual). With universal masking and proper distancing outside of athletic activity, any potential exposure is likely to be deemed low risk, and the camp can likely continue after disinfecting facilities and equipment used; however, Campus Health will provide direction if further action needs to be taken regarding the status of that particular summer camp.
Tennis Camp Counselors
Our camp counselors consist of a combination of Baylor Students, Baylor Coaches, high school coaches, and other student-athletes competing or who have competed in tennis at college All have had experience working in camp settings or with minors in general. Experienced, mature male and female staff provide 24-hour supervision. All employees have passed an extensive criminal background check as well as a child protection training conducted by Baylor University Human Resources Department.
- All Skills Program: All sessions are open to players of all abilities unless otherwise noted. The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background. Campers will learn fundamentals and improve upon their game.
- Overnight Camper Check-in: From 3:00 pm-5:00 pm at the Hurd Tennis Center on Sunday afternoon
- Check-out: Graduation is at 1:00 pm at the tennis courts on Thursday; parents are invited to attend! Check-out immediately follows graduation.
- Day Camp Program: Sunday 5:30 pm-8:30 pm, Monday-Wednesday 8:30 am-8:00 pm, Thursday 8:30 am-1:00 pm
- Overnight campers: All meals are provided (except Sunday evening - the cafeteria is not open - we will give the option to purchase pizza)
- Day campers: Lunch and dinner is provided
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Daily tennis training, morning and afternoon sessions
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus, and most meals are provided
- Supervision: Staff members reside in rooms strategically placed throughout the dorm to provide optimal supervision and participate in all activities
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive a Tennis Camps t-shirt and prizes
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT, & FACILITY
- Ratio: 5:1 camper-to-coach ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience
- Equipment Needed: All campers must bring a tennis racquet, tennis shoes, and a water bottle
- Facility: Tennis instruction will take place at the Hurd & Hawkins Tennis Courts (12 outdoor courts and six indoor courts)
- Inclement Weather Plan: Indoor courts are available for use as needed
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.